AT&T is offering customers a $5 rebate when they use auto refill to purchase refills for their prepaid phone plans. To qualify for the rebate, customers must:
- have a plan that costs $45/month or more
- set up auto refill at the AT&T online payment center
- set the auto fill amount to be equal to or greater than $45
- must set the refill to a date before your plan expires
- the auto refill must be successful.
Setting up auto refill requires a credit or debit card from a major company. If you qualify for the rebate, you’ll receive a text message confirming the rebate and it should be credited to your debit card “approximately 30 days after your successful Auto Refill payment is made” their site says. Obviously, if you cancel the payment you won’t get the rebate. Of course, when you use Auto Fill, AT&T will still charge you state and local taxes, as well as any applicable e911 charges
. So, depending on what state you live in, it might still be cheaper to go with other methods of refilling.]]>