Sprint and T-Mobile MVNO Republic Wireless debuted a new promotion this week that could land customers with six months of free (or nearly free) service. The promotion was launched tomorrow and is aimed at customers who purchase a SIM card between today and May 22, 2017 and activate that service anytime before June 6, 2017.
To take advantage of this plan customers must:
- Have a compatible phone (check compatibility here)
- Purchase a SIM card before May 22, 2017
- Activate a new line of service on the compatible phone with the new SIM card before June 6, 2017
- Pay for the first month of service AND all applicable taxes and fees
That’s it! The coolest thing about this promotion is that current customers can take advantage of the deal if they’re looking to add a new line, and there’s no limit to the amount of lines per account that one can activate. After the six months are up, customers can simply port away if they don’t like the service. It’s pretty sweet.
It is worth noting that after the first month, for the next six months customers will get a maximum bill credit of $30—meaning if you have one of the higher-priced plans, then you’ll have to expect to pay whatever is left over. Still, getting $30 for free for six months is pretty sweet. The bill credits, it should be noted, are only going to be for as much as your plan (up to $30) so don’t expect to get more than six months if you choose a smaller plan; You’ll simply get less bill credit.
Here’s the list of Republic Wireless plans
- $15 – unlimited talk and text, Wifi only
- $20 – unlimited talk and text, 1 GB data
- $30 – unlimited talk and text, 2 GB data
- $45 – unlimited talk and text, 4 GB data
- $60 – unlimited talk and text, 6 GB data
- $90 – unlimited talk and text, 10 GB data
As you’ve probably guessed from the need to purchase a SIM card, the service is through T-Mobile rather than Sprint, and customers will have to plan on downloading the Republic Wireless app in order to take advantage of Republic’s wifi calling options.
For more information on Republic Wireless plans and services, or to sign up for this promotion, visit the Republic Wireless website