Well, I think that headline pretty much says it all. TracFone’s prepaid brand Simple Mobile made a whole slew of changes to, well, everything. Changes are mostly to international plans and include Mexico roaming, a new plan, unthrottled data, auto pay discounts… you name it and it probably saw some sort of change. A few other small changes happened as well, but don’t worry–we’ll go through it one thing at a time so you know what to expect.
International Plan Changes
A vast majority of the major changes came to Simple Mobile’s line of international plans, which all now include unlimited voice, text and data roaming in Mexico as well as unlimited international text and unlimited nationwide services. Other changes include:
- There are two new plans. The first is $20 for 7 days of unlimited talk, text and data with 2 GB high speed. The second is a $35 per month plan which includes unlimited talk, text but no data.
- Several plans saw price reductions including the $50, $60 and $65 plans which have been reduced by $5. The plan details on all three plans has otherwise been unchanged.
All of the International plans also include unlimited international calling to up to 15 unique destinations plus some minutes of talk to Guatemala-Claro Cellular.
Other New Stuff
If you’re not on an international plan and don’t really have any need to call Mexico or Canada, then Simple Mobile still has some plan changes you’ll need to know about. Effective with the next plan renewal after today, customers on the Phone upgrade plans will have their data increased from 1 GB to 2 GB for no additional fee.
In line with TracFone’s autopay program, Simple Mobile also debuted its own auto refill program which will not only make refilling monthly plans easy, but give customers at 10% discount on the monthly plan cost. On the lower-level plans, this only translates to a few dollars, but the more expensive plans will see the difference.
Current Plan Lineup
Because we don’t really talk about Simple Mobile all that often and they’ve made so many changes, I thought I’d include the basic plan lineup
as of the time of writing:
Unlimited National Plans
Phone Upgrade Plans
- $25 – unlimited talk, text, international text
- $40 – unlimited talk, text, international text and throttled data with 2 GB high speed data
- $50 – unlimited talk, text, international text and throttled data with 4 GB high speed data
- $55 – unlimited talk, text, international text and throttled data with 10 GB high speed data
Unlimited International Plans
- $50 – unlimited talk, text and throttled data with 2 GB high speed data and upgrade options after 18 months
- $60 – unlimited talk, text, and throttled data with 2 GB high speed data and upgrade options after 12 months
All plans include unlimited talk, text, and international text. The plans also all include unlimited roaming in Mexico and Canada as well as the following:
- $20 – 2 GB high speed data, unlimited throttled data, 250 minutes to Guatemala-Claro Cellular
- $35 – no data
- $45 – 2 GB high speed data, unlimited throttled data, 500 minutes to Guatemala-Claro Cellular
- $55 – 4 GB high speed data, unlimited throttled data, 1,000 minutes to Guatemala-Claro Cellular
- $60 – 10 GB high speed data, unlimited throttled data, 1,000 minutes to Guatemala-Claro Cellular
For more information on Simple Mobile plans, products and services visit the Simple Mobile website