Cricket Wireless has been making small changes to its international options over the course of the last few months, first adding additional countries and then roaming in Mexico. Yesterday, the prepaid company finally announced roaming in Canada as well as nine additional countries for its international add-ons.
Canada RoamingAt the beginning of the month, Cricket added roaming in Mexico with the promise that Canadian roaming would be coming ‘soon.’ Well, it looks like ‘soon’ is finally here. Effective immediately, all Cricket Wireless users on the $50 and $60 per month plans will have unlimited talk and text while in Canada, just as if they were in the U.S. As with the Mexico roaming, there is a catch that users cannot use more than 50% of their total minutes while roaming in one month or over the course of three months. Basically, primary usage still must be within the United States. However, the Mexico and Canada roaming is included at no additional fee, which is pretty sweet.
New calling destinationsIn addition to the Canada roaming, Cricket has added nine new destinations for customers who purchase its $10 or $15 international calling add-ons. Here is what you get with each:
$10 add-onAll of the above add-ons also include unlimited picture and video messages. In order to qualify for these additional countries, customers must be on the $50 or $60 per month plans which come with 5 or 10 GB respectively. For more information on Cricket Wireless international offerings, plans or phones visit the Cricket Wireless website.]]>
- Dominican Republic (100 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- Colombia (150 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- Costa Rica (100 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- El Salvador (60 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- Honduras (60 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- Guatemala (70 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- Jamaica (40 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- Haiti (40 minutes, unlimited messaging)
- Nicaragua (40 minutes, unlimited messaging)