Page Plus Cellular is one of the few Verizon MVNOs on the market and, while its reputation has slowly dwindled since it was purchased by America Movil in 2013, the company still has some pretty good offerings and shouldn’t be overlooked.
Originally launched in 1993, Page Plus was headquartered in Ohio for several years and had a fantastic reputation for having American-based customer service that was pretty easy to deal with. They were also one of the first Verizon MVNOs to gain LTE and has had a great rating with the Better Business Bureau (which is actually pretty impressive for an MVNO). In 2013, the company was purchased by America Movil, the same company that owns Straight Talk, Net10, Tracfone and several other companies as well. After the purchase, the Ohio call center was closed down and customer service was moved overseas.
Page Plus offers both monthly and pay-as-you-go plans. Here’s an overview of what they offer:
Monthly plans, as the name suggests, expire in 30 days and do not roll over. However, customers can renew earlier if need be.
- $12 – 250 minutes, 250 text, 10 MB
- $29.95 – 1200 minutes, 3000 texts, 500 MB LTE
- $39.95 – unlimited talk and text, 1 GB LTE, 100 international landline minutes
- $55 – unlimited talk, text and low speed data, 3 GB LTE, 200 international landline minutes
- $69.95 – unlimited talk, text and low speed data, 5 GB LTE, unlimited minutes mobile to Mexican mobile
Pay-As-You-Go Refill Options
- $10 – 100 minutes at $0.10/minute, expires in 120 days
- $25 – 416 minutes at $0.06/minute, expires in 120 days
- $50 – 1000 minutes at $0.05/minute, expires in 120 days
- $80 – 2000 minutes at $0.04/minute, expires in 365 days
Page Plus offers international calling to both landlines and mobile lines. Customers on both monthly and pay-as-you-go plans can add a $9 global calling card to their plan. Call charge rates will be dependent on the country that you dial, and will vary from country to country. Several plans, including the $39.95, the $55 and the $60.95 plans include some form of international calling as well. For more information, visit Page Plus’ website