TracFone-owned Verizon MVNO Page Plus should be seeing some changes to its plans at the beginning of next month. Four of its five monthly plans will be getting additional data and one plan will also be seeing some increased minutes and texts as well. International calling options should also be tweaked starting September 1, 2015.
According to Prepaid Phone News, Page Plus dealers were recently informed that the following plan changes should go into effect as of September 1, 2015:
- $29.95 plan will now have 1500 minutes, unlimited text and 1 GB of data (formerly 1200 minutes, 3000 texts, 500 MB)
- $39.95 plan data is increasing from 1 GB hard cap to unlimited throttled data with 1.5 GB of high speed
- $55 plan data increases from 3 GB to 5 GB. Unlimited throttled data still included.
- $69.95 plan data increases from 5 GB to 7 GB. Unlimited throttled data still included.
- Plans priced at $29.95 or higher will lose included international minutes but gain a $10/month international calling credit that can be used with any supported international calling destination.
These changes are not showing up on the website yet but should be rolled out to customers on all renewals starting on or after September 1, 2015.
For the most part, I would say that these plans are actually fairly positive although the higher plans, such as the $69.95 plan, might miss the 400 international minutes that were formerly included. Depending on which international location you’re calling, the $10 credit may not go quite as far as the minutes. International calling is billed at a separate per-minute rate which varies by country. See a list of countries here
Page Plus has both monthly and pay-as-you-go options. The TracFone company supports BYOD as well as purchasing a new device from Page Plus. Visit the Page Plus website
for more details on products and services.]]>