There has been some discussion about whether or not flip phones will be making a comeback, this time as smartphones. In fact, a lot of Asian countries already have a market for smart flip phones, but usually the devices are very expensive!
The ZTE Cymbal T is the first of its kind to hit American markets, and is listed at $99.99 when purchased through best buy. The device is ready for activation on TracFone’s services.
- Android 5.0 OS
- 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 3.5 inch screen with 320 x 480 resolution
- 3 GB internal memory, expandable up to 32 GB
- 1800 mAh Lithium-ion removable battery
This phone is said to support up to 10 hours of talk time and 10 days of standby time. Other features include Bluetooth capabilities, GPS technology, and can act as a mobile hot spot.
The Cymbal T can be activated on any of Tracfone’s smartphone plans, which are as follows:
- $15 plan – 200 minutes, 500 texts, 200 MB of data for 30 days
- $25 plan – 500 minutes, 1000 texts, 500 MB of data for 60 days
- $35 plan – 750 minutes, 1000 texts, 1 GB of data for 60 days
- $125 plan – 1500 minutes, 1500 texts, 1.5 GB of data for a year
The ZTE Cymbal T definitely isn’t the most advanced smartphone around, but it should stir up the smartphone market a little bit. The device is an interesting addition to Tracfone’s Android lineup, and its definitely the only smart flip phone available on prepaid. You can view Tracfone’s full lineup of plans, devices for sale, and coverage on its website here