kajeet has brought parental controls to prepaid cell phones for kids. Now they’re adding Android smartphones to their lineup, complete with the parental controls that have earned them four parenting awards. Here are the four Android handsets kajeet will offer:
- LG Optimus S. LG released its Optimus line on nearly every carrier, including many prepaid carriers. It only made sense that if kajeet were to carry Android handsets, they’d get this one. It has a smallish 3.2-inch screen and a 3.2-megapixel camera, plus all the great Android features. It comes in both black and purple.Price: $299.99.
- Samsung Conquer. The Conquer is slightly larger than the Optimus S, but otherwise they’re pretty similar. Samsung is more of a name brand, hence the much higher cost. Price: $399.99.
- HTC EVO Shift. This is a popular handset on Sprint, and now it’s available on kajeet. Few prepaid carriers have this one, so it’s a surprise to see it here. The screen is a bit bigger at 3.6 inches, and the camera is a bit more powerful at 5 megapixels. It also runs a bit faster than the other kajeet Android handsets. The slide-out QWERTY keyboard makes for easy messaging. Price: $439.99.
- Kyocera Milano. Since Kyocera is a lesser-known brand, it typically sells for less. The Milano came out earlier this year as a discount model on postpaid carriers, which makes it a good fit for prepaid. The screen is compact at three inches, but the slide-out QWERTY keyboard can appeal to many. Price: $249.99.
- Samsung Replenish. The Samsung Replenish might resemble a BlackBerry at first, with its full QWERTY keyboard and screen on the same candybar surface. But it runs Android. The camera is just 2 megapixels, and the screen isn’t very large, but for those who want a messaging phone without the sliding keyboard, the Replenish can provide a solution. It comes in both blue and black. Price: $259.99.